Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Gonyou, Austin" <au...@coremetrics.com> on 2003/04/23 06:41:08 UTC

Can someone comment on the mod_jk stickyness?

I'd really like some feedback around this, even if I have to go to another
list to get it, that's fine, I just would like someone to respond and let me
know if mod_jk can't work like I've described I would like.

Thanks much.
Austin

Re: Can someone comment on the mod_jk stickyness?

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
AFAIK, the stickyness works fine with Apache using the "worker" MPM.  It may
or may not work with the "windows" MPM (I don't use Windows for this).
AFAIK, with the "pre-fork" MPM stickyness currently doesn't work (but the
additions to Jk2 to get it to work are relatively small, and patches are
always welcome :).  I believe that the "pre-fork" MPM only supports
fail-over at the moment.

For Apache 1.3.x users, "pre-fork" is roughly what you get with *nix boxes
(and the same analysis should apply).