Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by amal kumar <am...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/24 06:28:42 UTC

Hbase as Event Store | Data Import Code for Reference

Hi,

I am using Hbase as the data store for PIO and using the below command to
import the sample data into the Hbase event table.

*python data/import_eventserver.py --access_key $ACCESS_KEY*

I need to setup a Spark job to load data to Hbase Event table and hence, I
want to understand, how the data is inserted in the Hbase Table (like
add()/put()) by pio.

Please suggest where can I see the code for the same used in pio.

Thanks,
Amal

Re: Hbase as Event Store | Data Import Code for Reference

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.
Hi Amal,

If you have a lot of data to import in batch, you might want to check this
out: http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/datacollection/batchimport/

The Python script goes through the Event Server, which uses the Storage
API. The HBase driver code is here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio/blob/develop/data/src/main/scala/org/apache/predictionio/data/storage/hbase/HBPEvents.scala

Regards,
Donald