Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2007/10/29 04:19:42 UTC

Re: [proposal] bring plugin tools together in SCM

I've done this, with the exception of maven-script since it now seems
to depend on Maven trunk, which would block us releasing anything
under there.

- Brett

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
... and the maven-plugin-testing-tools since they depend on snapshots
of the invoker and test-tools, neither of which are deployed, and the
invoker doesn't build because of failed tests.

- Brett

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 29/10/2007, at 3:22 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 28 Oct 07, at 8:19 PM 28 Oct 07, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> I've done this, with the exception of maven-script since it now
>> seems to depend on Maven trunk, which would block us releasing
>> anything under there.
>>

> I just took the copy from trunk, if it is coupled to trunk I'll fix
> that as it shouldn't be.

I tried flipping it back to 2.0.7 but it doesn't compile - I think it
uses some new things in the plugin descriptor?

I have to admit I haven't taken a long look at it - but I do recall
John doing some work there.

- Brett

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 28 Oct 07, at 8:19 PM 28 Oct 07, Brett Porter wrote:

> I've done this, with the exception of maven-script since it now
> seems to depend on Maven trunk, which would block us releasing
> anything under there.

I just took the copy from trunk, if it is coupled to trunk I'll fix
that as it shouldn't be.

> - Brett
>
> On 20/09/2007, at 11:31 AM, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> I'd like to do what we did for surefire and bring all the following
>> into one tree, called /plugin-tools/trunk, versioned consistently
>> as 2.4 and using MPLUGIN as the JIRA project:
>> * plugins/maven-plugin-plugin
>> * shared/maven-plugin-*
>> * shared/maven-script
>>
>> Thoughts?