Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Prasanna Rajaperumal <pr...@cisco.com> on 2011/03/31 20:37:12 UTC

Not able to set ZERO consistency level

Hi,

I am dealing with reporting with not so important data and I am okay with data being lost.
I would like to minimize the time taken for the actual data insert.
I am using Cassandra 0.7.4
If it matter, using Hector to connect to Cassandra

cZERO consistency level in Thrift Generated code
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.ConsistencyLevel

Only the following Levels are provided, I am wondering if the ZERO consistency level is removed in Cassandra 0.7.X ?
ANY
ONE
QUORUM
LOCAL_QUORUM
EACH_QUORUM
ALL

If so, Could you please explain why was it removed and what is the best option I have given my context.

Thanks
Prasanna Rajaperumal

Re: Not able to set ZERO consistency level

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Peter Schuller
<pe...@infidyne.com> wrote:
>> Only the following Levels are provided, I am wondering if the ZERO
>> consistency level is removed in Cassandra 0.7.X ?
>
> Yes, it's gone.
>
>> If so, Could you please explain why was it removed and what is the best
>> option I have given my context.

> Are you *sure* you want it? :)
>
> --
> / Peter Schuller

ANY would be the next step up. Beware though of the "eventually
consistent boogie man!"

Re: Not able to set ZERO consistency level

Posted by Peter Schuller <pe...@infidyne.com>.