Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Deepak Nagaraj <de...@primer.ai> on 2022/05/13 00:41:57 UTC

Looking at logs from Java Fn harness

Hi,

Is there a way to see the logs for code running in Java Fn Harness? When I
do "docker logs -f ...", I can see something like this:

SDK Fn Harness started
Harness ID 1-1
Logging location url: "host.docker.internal:58738"

After reading cwiki [1], I also set --sdkHarnessLogLevelOverrides, but it
doesn't seem to be helping. I'm running a Python pipeline that invokes
Kafka IO so that's the Java bit.

Here's my command line:

python pipeline.py submit --job_server=localhost
--sdkHarnessLogLevelOverrides='{"org.apache.kafka":"DEBUG",
"org.apache.beam.fn.harness":"DEBUG"}'

Thanks,
Deepak

[1]