Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2006/07/23 17:43:34 UTC

Update on Javamail bugs submitted

I just submitted all the Javamail bugs I was aware of.

They have been assigned the following internal review ids:

759380 - 8bit messages created from stream are not converted to 7bit
759385 - Headers order for InternetHeaders read from stream are not
always correct
759389 - NullPointerException in smtptransport when sending MimeMessages
with no encoding
759394 - MimeMessages created from stream are not correctly handled with
allow8bitmime

They take around 3 weeks to decide wether to include this bugs in the
public bug-parade or not.

We currently worked around 759385 by using our MailHeader extension and
around the other 3 bugs by disabling 8bitmime support.

I already posted the 3 8bitmime problems to the javamail-interest 2
months ago, but after a while Bill Shannon didn't answer anymore.
Let's hope the bug-reports will get more attention.

I will keep you informed on the results.

Stefano

Re: Update on Javamail bugs submitted

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
According to a message from Bill Shannon on Javamail-Interest he already
fixed the last 2 bugs: 6456444 and 6456422.

Cool!

 From what I understood he won't fix 6456417.

Let's see what will happen to 6456415.

This is a really important step to try to re-enable 8bitmime stuff I
wrote in past and that we now have disabled due to this bugs.

Stefano

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
Thx for the info..
Let us hope the bugs will get fixed soon..

bye
Norman