Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by tison <wa...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/21 10:50:17 UTC

Unstable codecov action

For example
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/actions/runs/4454158774/jobs/7867745340?pr=19842

I'm wondering if anyone cares about the report and if it helps you during
the coding or reviewing process? Now it generates a few of noise but I just
omit the report it gives ;-)

For the issue itself, it seems some artifacts don't retain properly.

Best,
tison.

Re: Unstable codecov action

Posted by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org>.
Update regarding Codecov improvements for apache/pulsar CI:
- fixed issue with Jacoco coverage data not getting stored in files:
  https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/19947
This seemed to be a broader issues since the reported total code coverage increased to about 72.8% with this fix, example https://app.codecov.io/gh/apache/pulsar/pull/19947/tree .

There's a workaround for Codecov upload issue in progress. More details in the comment
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/19952#issuecomment-1487997039 .
This is waiting for ASF Infra to resolve https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-24399 .

After this, I believe that Codecov will be reasonably stable in our CI. Actions will be needed for individuals for adding a Codecov upload token for builds in personal forks. I'll add instructions for that while resolving #19952.

-Lari

Re: Unstable codecov action

Posted by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org>.

Re: Unstable codecov action

Posted by Yunze Xu <yz...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.
The codecov is really annoying to me and never helps me during the
coding or reviewing process.

Just a complaint from me. I'm also curious how many developers benefit from it.

Thanks,
Yunze