Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org> on 2021/10/13 08:14:49 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1894163 [1/8] - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: ./ changes-entries/ modules/http2/ test/modules/http2/

On 10/12/21 3:34 PM, icing@apache.org wrote:
> Author: icing
> Date: Tue Oct 12 13:34:01 2021
> New Revision: 1894163

> Log:
>   *) mod_http2:
>      - Fixed an issue since 1.15.24 that "Server" headers in proxied requests
>        were overwritten instead of preserved. [PR by @daum3ns]
>      - Added directove 'H2StreamTimeout' to configure a separate value for HTTP/2
>        streams, overriding server's 'Timeout' configuration. [rpluem]
>      - HTTP/2 connections now use pollsets to monitor the status of the
>        ongoing streams and their main connection when host OS allows this.
>      - Removed work-arounds for older versions of libnghttp2 and checking
>        during configure that at least version 1.15.0 is present.

I guess this means that we need to remove mod_http2 from our Xenial Travis builds since it only ships with 1.7.1.
Or should we remove the one remaining Xenial build at all?
At least it has the benefit that it tells us that things break if we move forward with dependencies :-)

Regards

RĂ¼diger

Re: svn commit: r1894163 [1/8] - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: ./ changes-entries/ modules/http2/ test/modules/http2/

Posted by "stefan@eissing.org" <st...@eissing.org>.

> Am 13.10.2021 um 10:14 schrieb Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org>:
>

> On 10/12/21 3:34 PM, icing@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: icing
>> Date: Tue Oct 12 13:34:01 2021
>> New Revision: 1894163

>> Log:
>>  *) mod_http2:
>>     - Fixed an issue since 1.15.24 that "Server" headers in proxied requests
>>       were overwritten instead of preserved. [PR by @daum3ns]
>>     - Added directove 'H2StreamTimeout' to configure a separate value for HTTP/2
>>       streams, overriding server's 'Timeout' configuration. [rpluem]
>>     - HTTP/2 connections now use pollsets to monitor the status of the
>>       ongoing streams and their main connection when host OS allows this.
>>     - Removed work-arounds for older versions of libnghttp2 and checking
>>       during configure that at least version 1.15.0 is present.
>
> I guess this means that we need to remove mod_http2 from our Xenial Travis builds since it only ships with 1.7.1.
> Or should we remove the one remaining Xenial build at all?
> At least it has the benefit that it tells us that things break if we move forward with dependencies :-)

Yeah, saw that. I am bringing back the checks for earlier nghttp2 libs right now.

Praise to the Travis hamsters!