Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Vadim Dmitriev <dm...@mail.ru> on 2012/01/23 12:56:39 UTC

Re[2]: WS with non-standard algorithm for signature computation

I already read your article (BTW, thank you for writing it!), but haven't found how to declare custom AlgorithmSuite in WSDL properly.
It is the right way?
<wss:AlgorithmSuite>
    <wsp:Policy>
        <someNameSpace:customSuite />
    </wsp:Policy>
</wss:AlgorithmSuite>

WS-SP specification doesn't define how to extend AS, only lists predefined algorithms, so I'm afraid to use some unspecified controversial approach which won't be supported anywhere except CXF.

P.S.
Honestly, I was looking for something like
<AlgorithmSuite id="customSuite">
    <DigestAlgorithm id="..." />
    <EncryptionAlgorithm id="..." />
</AlgorithmSuite>
This way 3rd parties will have algorithm IDs to use in WS-S header (i.e. these IDs will be declared in WSDL, not in some external convention).

--Vadim

Re: WS with non-standard algorithm for signature computation

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
I added some system tests to show how to specify a custom
AlgorithmSuite to use an AES-GCM algorithm for encryption:

<sp:AlgorithmSuite>
   <wsp:Policy>
      <sp:Basic128GCM/>
   </wsp:Policy>
</sp:AlgorithmSuite>

The tests are @Ignore'd until we pick up WSS4J 1.6.5, but you should
be able to adapt it easily enough for your own test case.

Colm.

Posted by Dmitriev Vadim <dm...@mail.ru>.
Colm,

Re: Re[2]: WS with non-standard algorithm for signature computation

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder