Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Son Nguyen <sn...@trustedintegration.com> on 2009/02/03 21:31:33 UTC

Setting up Struts for JSP application.

Hi,

I am completely new to struts.
I am having a hard time following some of the codes from the sample
struts application.
I have loaded the example mail reader and rest show case as well as some
of the other application.
They seem to be working with my tomcat 6.0

Now I am trying to implant the struts framework to my application but
don't know where to start.
What I am trying to do is eventually have a filter that checks login
session after ever hit and to validate every field with a custom tag.

I will be working on creating a custom tag first.
So, I started by putting all the struts jar files into web-inf/lib.
Then I Put
<%@ taglib uri="/struts-tags" prefix="s" %>
Into my login.jsp
My index.html points to login.jsp

Now I am confuse to what to do with the web.xml and struts.xml.
For some reason, after I place the taglib call, it won't return my
login.jsp.
I even restarted my tomcat.

Need help on the next step.

RE: Setting up Struts for JSP application.

Posted by Son Nguyen <sn...@trustedintegration.com>.
No, I haven't
I been mostly looking at the mail Reader example.  I tried to follow the
Mailreader Training course but was unsuccessful.
Can you send me the link for the Step-by-Step tutorial on the Struts 2.

Thanks,

> I am having a hard time following some of the codes from the sample
> struts application.
> I have loaded the example mail reader and rest show case as well as
some
> of the other application.
> They seem to be working with my tomcat 6.0
>
> Now I am trying to implant the struts framework to my application but
> don't know where to start.
> What I am trying to do is eventually have a filter that checks login
> session after ever hit and to validate every field with a custom tag.
>
> I will be working on creating a custom tag first.
> So, I started by putting all the struts jar files into web-inf/lib.
> Then I Put
> <%@ taglib uri="/struts-tags" prefix="s" %>
> Into my login.jsp
> My index.html points to login.jsp
>
> Now I am confuse to what to do with the web.xml and struts.xml.
> For some reason, after I place the taglib call, it won't return my
> login.jsp.
> I even restarted my tomcat.
>
> Need help on the next step.

That's a pretty broad question.

Have you worked through the step-by-step tutorial on the Struts 2
documentation wiki?

Dave

Re: Setting up Struts for JSP application.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.