Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Crowther <Pe...@melandra.com> on 2006/07/26 18:07:32 UTC

Wtd: Logging configuration for Tomcat 5.5.17 to rotate access logs daily

Asked on behalf of a colleague.  I'm sure someone out there has already
done this...

Colleague has a vanilla download of Tomcat 5.5.17.  They want to use it
in production, and want to perform daily analysis of accesses.  Ideally,
therefore, they want daily log file rotation for the access log.

I suspect there's a standard recipe for this.  Has anyone already done
it?  If so, any chance you could you pass on the recipe?  Thanks!

		- Peter

Re: Logging configuration for Tomcat 5.5.17 to rotate access logs daily

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
-DataMine the log thru any language/script that supports regular expressions perl/sed of log (text) files
-setup a Valve http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/valve.html (specifically RequestDumperValve) to capture the access
HTH
M-