Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/03/29 06:10:01 UTC

Tomcat 4 + Apache + Struts 1.1 + Warp Connector Configuration Problem

Subject: Tomcat 4 + Apache + Struts 1.1 + Warp Connector Configuration Problem
From: "Hyunjin Kim" <hy...@itline.biz>
 ===
Hi,

I am not subscriber to this mailing list, so if you can cc my
email(hyunjin@itline.biz), I will really appreciate.

I am trying to install struts 1.1beta on Tomcat 4.0.3 that��s connected to
Apache HTTP server by warp connector (OS is Linux ? RedHat 7.1). Warp
connector was configured nicely and works fine (JSPs works fine when called
by apache).

Then, I installed struts on Tomcat 4.0.3 and deployed example and
documentation and they work fine when called by Tomcat
(http://localhost:8080/struts-example will work fine..). However, execution
of those two applications will not generate tomcat-apache.conf file as
described in struts installation document. So.. as a workaround, I created
tomcat-apache.conf by hand and added

AddHandler jserv-servlet .do

To the tomcat-apache.conf file, then added

Include /usr/local/apache/conf/tomcat-apache.conf

To httpd.conf file. (passed ./apachectl configtest.)

My httpd.conf file looks like:

<VirtualHost 111.111.111.111>

             ServerName www.foo.com

             ErrorLog logs/foo.com-error_log

             WebAppConnection connect warp www.foo.com:8008

             WebAppDeploy foo connect /

</VirtualHost>

I know the warp connector is configured correctly because I can access
www.foo.com and execute jsps. However, when I try to execute .do calls,
Apache tries to find the actual .do **FILE** instead of executing Action
servlet.

I don��t think Apache knows about the existence of jserv-servlet handler. Or
is that handler just for AJP connector??

If anyone has successfully configured Tomcat + Apache + Struts + Warp
connector, your help would be greatly appreciated. And any one knows why
tomcat didn��t generate tomcat-apache.conf?????