Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com> on 2017/03/07 11:51:45 UTC

[HEADS-UP] Apache Artemis 2.0.0

All,

As many of you are already aware, Apache Artemis has been developing some
great new features including a new and improved addressing model that lends
itself well to cross protocol and advance features like exclusive consumer
queues, configuration derived semantics for addresses and so on. There's
also been a ton of improvements around our persistence layer that has
resulted in significant perf gains for non CORE protocols like AMQP.
There's also been a great deal of other work that's been on going including
stablising protocol support including MQTT and OpenWire, Security layer
improvements and many other bug fixes and improvements.

Our master branch is now in a stable state now, no more API breakages or
data format changes are scheduled to take place.  Therefore, I believe now
is a good time to do an Apache Artemis 2.0.0 release and get all the great
stuff we've all been working on into the hands of users.

Before we do so. I think now is a good time to revisit areas like
documentation and examples to ensure everything is up to date and in good
shape, before any major release takes place.  I'm going to spend some time
over the next couple of days working on this and would welcome any other
contributions to this area.

If anyone else has any work they'd like to get into an Apache Artemis 2.0.0
now would be a great time.  I plan on cutting a 2.0.0 release candidate in
a few days time.

Regards
Martyn