Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Lev Assinovsky <le...@peterlink.ru> on 2002/03/31 13:38:24 UTC

EJB + Tomcat?

Hello all!
I searched tomcat-users and tomcat-dev  archives and didn't find
an answer to the question "are there any plans to provide direct and
full support of EJB in Tomcat?".
Sorry if this post is out of topic.
Sincerely,
--
Lev Assinovsky                Peterlink Web
Programmer		      St. Petersburg, Russia

Re: EJB + Tomcat?

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com>.
On Tue, 2002-04-02 at 02:49, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> I don't know of anyone who has expressed interest in doing this directly
> within Tomcat.  I do know that Tomcat is (or can be) integrated with other
> EJB servers -- such as the J2EE Reference Implementation and JBoss -- to
> provide access to EJBs from Tomcat-based servlets.

Actually, one can download JBoss bundled with Tomcat from
http://www.jboss.org/.

Bojan

Re: EJB + Tomcat?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
I don't know of anyone who has expressed interest in doing this directly
within Tomcat.  I do know that Tomcat is (or can be) integrated with other
EJB servers -- such as the J2EE Reference Implementation and JBoss -- to
provide access to EJBs from Tomcat-based servlets.

Writing an EJB container is definitely not a trivial undertaking, so
anyone who wants to work on this would need to plan on spending a *lot* of
time at it.

Craig