Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jay Langley <Ja...@iliteam.org> on 2008/03/11 18:16:06 UTC

Improving a spam report?

Greetings,

Below I have offered the content of my spam score report generated by
Spam Assassin.   We are Kintera subscribers.  Problem is I don't know
how to make changes in the text that will result in a better score.

Could you send me someplace to learn what different scores mean and how
to make them better. I  will be happy if I can get below 2.0. For
example, how do I get the body of the text out of the objectionable HTML
format?

Thanks, Jay

>From my Report:

...Your spam score is: 2.4 points Score Details: pts rule name
description ---- ----------------------
-------------------------------------------------- 0.2 HTML_MESSAGE
BODY: HTML included in message 0.3 HTML_FONT_BIG BODY: HTML has a big
font 0.1 HTML_FONTCOLOR_UNSAFE BODY: HTML font color not in safe 6x6x6
palette 0.7 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
0.5 HTML_TITLE_UNTITLED BODY: HTML title contains "Untitled" 0.7
HTML_50_60 BODY: Message is 50% to 60% HTML The original message was not
completely plain text, and may be unsafe to open with some email
clients; in particular, it may contain a virus, or confirm that your
address can receive spam. If you wish to view it, it may be safer to
save it to a file and open it with an editor.

Jay Langley,

International Leadership Institute

Director of Web Services

Office 770 832 1244 Ext. 19

Training Leaders - Changing Lives

Daily Embracing ILI's Eight Core Values
<http://www.iliteam.org/site/c.deIILQOpGlF/b.3226917/k.97B7/Core_Values.
htm>

Re: Improving a spam report?

Posted by Randy Ramsdell <rr...@livedatagroup.com>.
mouss wrote:
> Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>> On 11.03.08 12:16, Jay Langley wrote:
>>
>>> Below I have offered the content of my spam score report generated by
>>> Spam Assassin.   We are Kintera subscribers.  Problem is I don't know
>>> how to make changes in the text that will result in a better score.
>>
>> you should turn on network rules, allow plugins and instal apropriate
>> software (razor, pyzor, DCC). see *.pre settings in spamassassin config
>> directory. Note that using some network checks (DCC, spamhaus filters)
>> require additional steps when receiving many (>100k) mails per day.
>>

> my understanding is that he sends mail and wants to know how to get a
> lower score. In other words, his question is "how to make sure my mail
> won't be tagged as spam by others?".
Ok then I would change the email so that "HTML_TITLE_UNTITLED BODY: HTML
title contains "Untitled" 0.7" this rule doesn't trigger. I don't know
for sure, but it says that the "title" is untitled so I would add a title.

Randy Ramsdell

Re: Improving a spam report?

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.

Re: Improving a spam report?

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 11.03.08 12:16, Jay Langley wrote:
> Below I have offered the content of my spam score report generated by
> Spam Assassin.   We are Kintera subscribers.  Problem is I don't know
> how to make changes in the text that will result in a better score.

you should turn on network rules, allow plugins and instal apropriate
software (razor, pyzor, DCC). see *.pre settings in spamassassin config
directory. Note that using some network checks (DCC, spamhaus filters)
require additional steps when receiving many (>100k) mails per day.

Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released
in first quarter of year 1901