Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by maven apache <ap...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/19 01:38:19 UTC

how to caculate the PV,ip,PU according to the tomcat log

Hi:

how to caculate the PV,ip,PU according to the tomcat log?

I have export the tomcat log to db.

This is the db structure:

+-------+-----------+----------+----------+--------+-----+----------+----------+--------+---------------------+---------+----------+-------+
| Id    | hostip    | username | datasend | method | uri | queryStr |
protocol | status | time                | browser | platform | refer |
+-------+-----------+----------+----------+--------+-----+----------+----------+--------+---------------------+---------+----------+-------+
| 44359 | 127.0.0.1 | -        |        0 | GET    | /   |          |
HTTP/1.1 |    404 | 2011-02-17 08:08:25 | Unknown | Unknown  | -     |
+-------+-----------+----------+----------+--------+-----+----------+----------+--------+---------------------+---------+----------+-------+

 For the ip I can use :

select count(distinct ip)...

But how about the pv and pu?

I have no idea,please do me a favor if you know.

Re: how to caculate the PV,ip,PU according to the tomcat log

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: how to caculate the PV,ip,PU according to the tomcat log

Posted by maven apache <ap...@gmail.com>.
TO *Christopher Schultz*:

2011/2/23 Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>

> To whom it may concern,
>
> On 2/18/2011 7:38 PM, maven apache wrote:
> > how to caculate the PV,ip,PU according to the tomcat log?
>
> Good question. What are PV, ip, and PU?

Thanks for your attention and Sorry for my negligence.

PV: page view, how many people visit a page.

IP: how many ips visitor the website within one day or one hour...

PU:Unique Visitor,

For example:

visitor A(ip:10.0.0.1) scan the site :http://www.xx.com/index.html
http://www.xx.com/about.html

Visitor B (ip:10.0.0.2) scan the same two pages

Then VIsitor A change his/her ip to 10.0.0.3 (but its cookie in her/his
browser is not change) and visitor the two pages again.

Then from all of the above,the
ips=3 (three distinct ips)
pv=2 (two pages)
PU=2 (just two different person,although three ip.

Is this clear?

If not,I can add more. :)

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.