Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by ml...@logemann.org on 2007/07/25 12:20:08 UTC

Horizontal Inheritance Mapping (kodo) in OpenJPA

Hi,

can OpenJPA handle this mapping?
http://www.solarmetric.com/Software/Documentation/3.4.0/docs/ref_guide_mapping_classmapping.html#horizontal

I have seen this in OpenJPA
http://openjpa.apache.org/docs/latest/manual/manual.html#jpa_overview_mapping_inher_single

Is this the same? I am trying to forecast problems in migrating from
Kodo 3.4 to OpenJPA...

--
regards

Marc Logemann
http://www.logemann.org
http://www.logentis.de

Re: Horizontal Inheritance Mapping (kodo) in OpenJPA

Posted by Marc Logemann <ml...@logemann.org>.
Hi Patrick,

thanks for the info on this one. After my kodo debugging session
because of a bug in kodo (see http://www.logemann.org/2007/07/18/
happy-nullpointer-digging-with-kodo-34-and-horizontal-mappings/) i am
keen to use openSource for persistence again. Here i have all the
code without doing nasty things with already compiled classes. See me
soon on the user/dev list when migration is complete :)

--
regards
Marc Logemann

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marc,

In JPA-speak, horizontal mapping is called table-per-class:
http://openjpa.apache.org/docs/latest/manual/manual.html#jpa_overview_mapping_inher_table_per_class

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907