Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com> on 2007/04/16 22:00:28 UTC

struts2 equivalent of html:link tag?

Is there any struts2 equivalent to the struts1 html:link tag?  I see
that the s:a tag is available but is designed for use with ajax and the
only other tag i see is s:url.

The reason I ask is because in my application we used to form links like
this ...

and that would build a nice html anchor tag and set the href to the
location specified by "login" in the global-forwards section of the
struts config, but i can't find an equivalent way of doing that same
thing in struts2 using the s:url tag or anything else.

i suppose what i am really trying to get is the ability to use a logical
name like "login" to refer to an actual url like /ui/login.action and be
able to form links in my view components using the logical name.  is
there a way to do that in struts2?

-- Allen