Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chris Searle <ch...@empolis.no> on 2004/04/19 17:28:56 UTC

Internationalization of an existing struts/tiles project

I've got an existing struts/tiles project which needs making locale
aware. This is going well (due to the framework support for it) and is
mostly complete but there is one thing I can't decide on how best to
do.

For each tile definition the page title has been set with via tiles
(in the tiles-defs.xml) with a:

    <put name="page.title" value="text value of the title" />

and this is overwritten in all descendent tile definitions.

Then in the jsp we have

  <tiles:getAsString name="page.title"/>

I see that it is possible to have separate tiles-defs.xml per language
- but - the only difference will be the page.title settings - is it
not possible to get to the values in the language dependent
.properties files from within a single tiles-defs.xml file?

Given the starting situation - what is the best way to
internationalize these titles?

Regards

--
Chris Searle