Posted to xap-dev@incubator.apache.org by Bob Buffone <rb...@nexaweb.com> on 2007/02/14 00:36:41 UTC

Update on the XAP release

New archive files have been uploaded to my people directory to fix the
following problems:

1.)Added *.asc signing files for each archive file (.zip, .tar.gz).

I have uploaded the release signing file to my people directory, as well
as the KEYS file into the repository. The KEYS file has just one key,
mine.  Anyone that is going to be responsible for signing a release will
need to place there key in the file.

There is plenty of information on how to sign at on the apache website
at
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html

2.)Removed the committers from the NOTICE.txt file.

3.)Removed the Rounded.js file from repository and the archives.  This
file was licensed as LGPL which is a no-no.  It seems that the file
wasn't used anywhere and it wasn't include in the the xapcore.js files.

We need to just verify the samples and dist still work, Any volunteers?
After this I will post an email to general@incubator to let them know
these issues are fixed.

Another thing that has been brought up about the release is the use of
author tags in the code base.  It seems that this is not a good
practice, so we will want to remove this practice from our development.
Also we will want to comply with this for the next release.

From William A. Rowe, Jr.

>In general, @author tags and attributions are poison to ASF-style
>collaboration, they are all about carving out niches in the code.
>The ASF-style development is about tearing down niches and promoting
>collaboration across an entire code base.  Collaboration and ownership
are >generally mutually exclusive.

Bob (Buffone)