Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Matthew L. Hyatt" <mh...@brainbout.com> on 2006/08/15 04:58:26 UTC

getTopics

First, thank you for helping with my previous problems running multiple
web-apps. I can now run the two samples at the same time.

Today I tried getting a List of current topics.  I'm sure I've
overlooked something basic in the API that will do the trick.

 I converted the sample "chat.html" into chat.jsp.  Then, using the sample
code: "ActiveMQ-Web-Console/topics.jsp" as my guide, I
attempted to get a Collection of Topics in my new chat.jsp.  I attached
"xbean.XBeanBrokerService" and proved that it worked by fetching a simple
String (getBrokerName).  It worked.  But, when I tried:
MyBeanRef.getAdminView().getTopics()  my favorite error: "Journal already
open" was returned.  All other attempts to get Topics via getAdminView,
resulted in the same error.

Before I attempt to copy and rework BrokerFacade and ApplicationContextFilter,
could someone offer an easier way of getting a List/Collection of existing
Topics in a JSP page... something that might work with the chat sample?

If anyone is  familiar with Bahamut, I need to mimic that chat
damon's behavior with respect to:
+ Operators create a channel (topic) just by calling it (AMQ chat sample does
this)
+ Other users cannot join a channel unless it already exists

Thanks again for your help.

Matt

Re: getTopics

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/15/06, Matthew L. Hyatt <mh...@brainbout.com> wrote:
> First, thank you for helping with my previous problems running multiple
> web-apps. I can now run the two samples at the same time.
>
> Today I tried getting a List of current topics. I'm sure I've
> overlooked something basic in the API that will do the trick.
>
> I converted the sample "chat.html" into chat.jsp. Then, using the sample
> code: "ActiveMQ-Web-Console/topics.jsp" as my guide, I
> attempted to get a Collection of Topics in my new chat.jsp. I attached
> "xbean.XBeanBrokerService" and proved that it worked by fetching a simple
> String (getBrokerName). It worked. But, when I tried:
> MyBeanRef.getAdminView().getTopics() my favorite error: "Journal already
> open" was returned. All other attempts to get Topics via getAdminView,
> resulted in the same error.

That just means you are running 2 brokers in the same directory. Just
stop the other one. (The XBeanBrokerService is a broker)
--

James
-------