Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by singh sachin <si...@rediffmail.com> on 2008/03/28 11:30:55 UTC

How to use Java Request for testing the RMI application

Hi,

I'm working on an application which uses multiple protocols (Http and RMI).
I've gone through the many posts in the forum but they all says that by
using Java Request we can work on the RMI protocol.

I've tried to work on the Java Request but can't able to start the recording
and move further.

The explanation of the application working is as follows:

"The application is initiated via a URL to Web Server. The web server is
responsible for:

Once all the necessary pieces are installed and the applet is downloaded,
the Web server is no longer used and all communication takes place between
the Applet running on a client browser and the Middleware Server via Java
Remote Method Invocation (Java RMI)."

Please help me out that how can I start testing the application.

Thanks
Sachin

Re: How to use Java Request for testing the RMI application

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 28/03/2008, singh sachin <si...@rediffmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I'm working on an application which uses multiple protocols (Http and RMI).
>  I've gone through the many posts in the forum but they all says that by
>  using Java Request we can work on the RMI protocol.
>
>  I've tried to work on the Java Request but can't able to start the recording
>  and move further.
>
>  The explanation of the application working is as follows:
>
>  "The application is initiated via a URL to Web Server. The web server is
>  responsible for:
>
>  Once all the necessary pieces are installed and the applet is downloaded,
>  the Web server is no longer used and all communication takes place between
>  the Applet running on a client browser and the Middleware Server via Java
>  Remote Method Invocation (Java RMI)."
>
>  Please help me out that how can I start testing the application.

JMeter uses RMI to run client-server operations, but does not support
RMI testing.
[That would require writing specific code for the RMI application]

Nor does it support testing applets.

I'm afraid it can only be used to test how long it takes to download the applet.