Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Benjamin Griese <be...@geniorxt.de> on 2019/02/18 15:47:29 UTC

Users get by TOTP authentication

Hello everybody,

this is kind of a uplicate of a post made by someone on guacamole-issues ML[1].

I've setup a Guacamole system in my home environment for remote access.
In order to make things secure, I thought I setup TOTP 2 factor authentication in conjunction with LDAP.

I've found out the local guacadmin is successfully being asked for TOTP init.
Even though LDAP users and even additional local users are not getting asked for TOTP init.

I am using this docker-image in a kubernetes setup, if it does matter.
https://github.com/oznu/docker-guacamole

Is this a bug or a misconfigured setup?

Thank you very much help!

Best regards
Benjamin

1: https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/guacamole-issues/201902.mbox/%3cJIRA.13213577.1549199825000.230623.1549199880084@Atlassian.JIRA%3e

Re: Users get by TOTP authentication

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 11:23 AM Benjamin Griese <be...@geniorxt.de> wrote:

> Hello Nick,
>
> thanks for clarifying this, even though it was in the manual of how to
> setup LDAP! (RTFM...)
> Got it working now!

Glad to hear it, Benjamin.

-Nick