Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Daniel Wittenberg <dw...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/09 19:16:31 UTC

Initial setup admin password not working

So I’ve done the install twice thinking I did something wrong the first time, but twice in a row now when I do a fresh install I get the error about the password being incorrect.

WARN  [server.auth.SHA256SaltedUserAuthenticator] (catalina-exec-1:) The stored password for admin isn't in the right format for this authenticator
INFO  [cloud.user.AccountManagerImpl] (catalina-exec-1:) User admin is disabled/locked

I read one post that said it had to do with < 2GB of RAM in their case, so I bumped mine from 1 to 4GB and that didn’t help, I’ve tried resetting the password from instructions I found about updating the user and user_view tables, but so far no luck.  So something seems wrong with the initial out-of-the-box setup, but not sure where else to look.

Ideas?

Dan

Re: Initial setup admin password not working

Posted by Daniel Wittenberg <dw...@gmail.com>.
Tailing that log I see a new warning after restarting:
WARN  [cloud.server.ConfigurationServerImpl] (Timer-2:null) Failed to inject generated public key into systemvm iso sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

I did update sudoers per instructions:  Defaults:cloud !requiretty

Since this is a test box I just gave the cloud use NOPASSWD in sudo and that fixed it, though obviously not the right answer.

Dan

Posted by Daniel Wittenberg <dw...@gmail.com>.