Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/21 21:39:05 UTC

[jsf-comp] Client Side Validation

I've been using David Geary's client-side validation stuff from "Core
JSF" for the last couple of years.  It works, but causes issues with
Spring's Ant-path-matching when it's in the classpath.  Regardless of
how good it is, I'd like a better solution.

I've been looking at Cagatay's JSF Components project and its client
validators.  The project's website says this mailing list is the best
place to ask questions.

I've heard rumors that this set of components will be rolled into
MyFaces.  Is that true?  I'm looking for a simple client-side
"required" validator, and I'd like to find one and use it today.  I'm
using Maven 2, so I'm prepared to create an upload bundle and get it
on ibiblio.  Where should I start?  Should I try the jsf-comp
validator locally, and if it works - upload it?  Or should I try
something in MyFaces (or its sandbox)?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: [jsf-comp] Client Side Validation

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

To eliminate a possible confusion, let me put it this way;

There are two client validation libraries of mine actually, first one was
released at jsf-comp and it contains seperate components to do client
validation.

The second one I'm currently working on is purely based on myfaces. Other
than seperate validators, the client validation is done by the existing
tomahawk validators and it is %100 compatible with the server side. It is
not ready yet but a simple demo is at;

http://www.irian.at/cagatay-validation-sandbox/home.jsf

Regards,

Cagatay

Re: [jsf-comp] Client Side Validation

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt,

Actually the client validators library of mine was once joining myfaces but
after some discussion it has released at jsf-comp project. Although this
library will never join tomahawk, It is very useful to do seperate client
side validation and you may take a look at the example webapp to see the
features.

Currently I am working on %100 server side compatible, client side
validation for tomahawk validators. Results are promising;

http://www.irian.at/cagatay-validation-sandbox/home.jsf

and the whole client validation for jsf story is here;

http://www.jroller.com/page/cagataycivici?entry=diaries_of_a_jsf_client

Regards,

Cagatay,

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.