Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by "Ganelin, Ilya" <Il...@capitalone.com> on 2015/08/25 03:02:42 UTC

Retrieving logs

Hi all – we’re seeing failures in individual containers and wanted to figure out how to retrieve logs.

Re: Retrieving logs

Posted by Sandeep Deshmukh <sa...@datatorrent.com>.
Use the following shell script, the earlier one had a bug. This works fine
for me.

---------------------------------------
# Check if input file is passed as parameter.
if [ -f $1 ]
then
    INPUT_LOGFILE=$1;

    echo "Extracting container logs from: $INPUT_LOGFILE"
    awk -f ~/bin/extractContainerLogs.awk $INPUT_LOGFILE;
else
    echo "ERROR: input file does not exist.";
    echo "usage: $0 log_file_name";
fi;

Sandeep

Re: Retrieving logs

Posted by Sandeep Deshmukh <sa...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi Ilya,

Re: Retrieving logs

Posted by Gaurav Gupta <ga...@datatorrent.com>.
When you submit application to cluster using dtcli, log4j properties are usually taken NodeManager unless you set custom log4j in config property file.

Thanks
- Gaurav

Re: Retrieving logs

Posted by "Ganelin, Ilya" <Il...@capitalone.com>.