Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <as...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/30 18:23:40 UTC

How does web service client know it has received complete response

HiHow does a web service client know that it has received complete response
from web service, for example all data in between web service and web
service client flows in http packets, how does web service client will know
this is the last packet, or this is a correct packet, is there http code
like 200 associated with each packet to tell this is complete packet, or
last packet
Anyone have experience with dealing connection between web service and
client at networking level, like packets etc?

--
Ashish
www.ayurwellness.com

Re: How does web service client know it has received complete response

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Ashish Kulkarni <
ashish.kulkarni13@gmail.com> wrote:

> HiHow does a web service client know that it has received complete
> response from web service, for example all data in between web service and
> web service client flows in http packets, how does web service client will
> know this is the last packet, or this is a correct packet, is there http
> code like 200 associated with each packet to tell this is complete packet,
> or last packet

I think this is handled at the tcp level. if some thing goes wrong there
will be an IOException. Http 200 ok is used to indicate the response is not
a fault or valid response in web service level.

thanks,
Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi