Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by David North <dt...@corefiling.co.uk> on 2015/10/07 11:54:48 UTC

Running tests before commit

Apologies for the forbidden APIs failures I introduced yesterday - I'd
forgotten it would now be necessary to run that check before commit.

Having been through the build file, it looks like the safe thing to do
is "ant jenkins" before each commit to match the CI system.

Thanks,
David

--
David North, Technical Lead, CoreFiling Limited
http://www.corefiling.com

Re: Running tests before commit

Posted by David North <dt...@corefiling.co.uk>.
That's now done. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted by Dustin Spicuzza <du...@virtualroadside.com>.
Yes, I ran tests but didn't know there was a Jenkins target.

Posted by Javen O'Neal <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kiwiwings <ki...@apache.org>.
I usually just run "ant clean test" and sometimes "ant forbbiden-apis-check".
When I've added new files, I usually execute "ant rat".

Of course, I also blush when my changes lead to failing builds, but
generally speaking, having a failing build is not a big issue for me -
either you can fix it in-time (1 or 2 days) or if it's a no-brainer somebody
will fix it for you.

As I did a lot of sonar fixes recently, I'd like to encourage you to have a
look at sonar [1] and fix issues when you already edit a certain class.
Even more comfortable is the sonar eclipse plugin [2] - it will highlight
the problematic lines.
Although the plugin doesn't seem to process the results of our sonar
instance, it will run a sonar check on it's own, when you click "SonarQube
-> Analyze" on the project.

Andi

[1] https://analysis.apache.org/dashboard/index/org.apache.poi:poi-parent
[2] http://docs.sonarqube.org/display/SONAR/Installing+SonarQube+in+Eclipse