Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Beebe, William H (N-SAIC)" <wi...@lmco.com> on 2001/03/21 18:11:36 UTC

Link problems with Xerces 1.4

I have the following environment.

SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise
Forte C++ Compiler, V6

The library builds without errors.
The runConfigure switches were
-psolaris -ccc -xCC -minmem -nfileonly -tnative
In addition, -DAPP_NO_THREADS was added to Makefile.incl, '-mt' was removed,
'-D_REENTRANT' was removed, and '-lpthread' was removed (page 13 of the pdf
documenation).

runConfigure was run in the samples directory.
'-D_REENTRANT' was removed from the local Makefile.incl
When attempting to build any of the samples, I get voluminous linker errors.
I have attempted to build a static library based on a thread in the December
archives, but it fails as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated
(especially to my email below).

William Beebe
Software Engineer
WARSIM