Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Wallis, Simon (Toronto - 22 Front)" <Si...@cibc.ca> on 2002/01/28 19:46:10 UTC

Deployment Descriptors

Hi there,

I have a couple of questions about Deployment Descriptors:

1) Is there any tool that creates these XML files for you? Or must I create
them manually for each class?
2) Do I need to provide a type mapping if I'm returning a simple data type
such as a string or integer, or is it only for complex data types?

Thanks,
Simon.

AW: Deployment Descriptors

Posted by Stefan Henke <st...@gmx.de>.
Hi Simon,

AFAK, Apache SOAP doesn´t include a tool which automaticalley creates a
deployment descriptor for you. You have to write it by yourself.
There are several tools (e.g. IBM Webservice Toolkit) which helps you with
this. It also supports creating a wsdl-definition for your soap-server.

The type mapping is only required for complex datatypes. All datatypes which
are defined by the xml schema specs (integer, string) doesn´t need a type
mapping.

Hope this helps
Stefan

AW: Deployment Descriptors