Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Cybexion <cy...@email.de> on 2008/01/18 08:44:01 UTC

smx-arc does not work: maven-http-plugin does not exist

Hello,

smx-arc.bat does not work on my machine. However, on an other machine it
works fine.

This is the output, when I start it:

apache-servicemix-3.2.1\bin>smx-arch.bat su http-provider
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'http'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-http-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Jan 18 08:40:59 CET 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M
[INFO]

Re: smx-arc does not work: maven-http-plugin does not exist

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 21, 2008 1:36 AM, Cybexion <cy...@email.de> wrote:

> yep, it works now !!!!
> Strange, must have been the repository ...

If some plugin metadata in the local Maven repository becomes
corrupted somehow (e.g., only half written before a connection dies,
etc.) then that metadata needs to be removed and downloaded again. By
moving aside the local Maven repo this is effectively what you did. I
typically remove my local Maven repo every few weeks and let it all be
downloaded again just to make sure everything is clean and still I
deal with this issue at times.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: smx-arc does not work: maven-http-plugin does not exist

Posted by Cybexion <cy...@email.de>.
yep, it works now !!!!
Strange, must have been the repository ...

Thanks a lot!!!

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

Cybexion wrote:
> I'm working on xp, smx 3.2.1, mvn 2.0.8.
> My colleguage has exactly the same settings and on his machine it works
> fine.
> Must be something local on my machine but I have no idea what.
>

> bsnyder wrote:
>
>> On Jan 18, 2008 12:44 AM, Cybexion <cy...@email.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> smx-arc.bat does not work on my machine. However, on an other machine it
>>> works fine.
>>>
>>> This is the output, when I start it:
>>>
>>> apache-servicemix-3.2.1\bin>smx-arch.bat su http-provider
>>> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
>>> [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
>>> [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'http'.
>>> [INFO]
>>> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>>> [INFO]
>>> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-http-plugin' does not
>>> exist or no valid version could be found
>>> [INFO]
>>>
>> I just tried this on MacOS X and it works just fine. Can someone try
>> this out on Windows? I wonder if the Windows batch file is still
>> buggy.
>>
>> Bruce
>> --
>> perl -e 'print
>> unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"
>> );'
>>
>> Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
>> Apache Camel - http://activemq.org/camel/
>> Apache ServiceMix - http://servicemix.org/
>> Apache Geronimo - http://geronimo.apache.org/
>>
>> Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: smx-arc does not work: maven-http-plugin does not exist

Posted by ma...@uk.bnpparibas.com.
hi,
 not sure if u still have problem

works fine on my xp, running mvn 2.0.6

hth
 marco

Internet
cybexion@email.de

21/01/2008 07:47
Please respond to
users@servicemix.apache.org

users
cc

Subject

bsnyder wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2008 12:44 AM, Cybexion <cy...@email.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> smx-arc.bat does not work on my machine. However, on an other machine
it
>> works fine.
>>
>> This is the output, when I start it:
>>
>> apache-servicemix-3.2.1\bin>smx-arch.bat su http-provider
>> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
>> [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
>> [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'http'.
>> [INFO]

>> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>> [INFO]

>> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-http-plugin' does not
>> exist or no valid version could be found
>> [INFO]
>
> I just tried this on MacOS X and it works just fine. Can someone try
> this out on Windows? I wonder if the Windows batch file is still
> buggy.
>
> Bruce
> --
> perl -e 'print
> );'

> Apache Geronimo - http://geronimo.apache.org/
>
> Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

This communication is confidential, may be privileged and is meant only for the intended recipient.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply and delete this message from your system.  Any
unauthorised dissemination, distribution or copying hereof is prohibited.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited, BNP Paribas Trust Corporation UK Limited, BNP Paribas UK Limited,
BNP Paribas Commodity Futures Ltd and Investment Fund Services Limited are authorised and regulated by
the Financial Services Authority.

BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Securities Services and BNP Paribas Private Bank are authorised by the CECEI
and AMF.  BNP Paribas London Branch, BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch and BNP Paribas
Private Bank London Branch are regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of their UK
business.  BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is also a member of the London Stock Exchange.

Re: smx-arc does not work: maven-http-plugin does not exist

Posted by Cybexion <cy...@email.de>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.