Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Kartik Somani <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/03 17:32:37 UTC

Hello Ignite Community

Hello Members,

I'm new to Apache Ignite, and would like to learn, and then start
contributing to Apache Ignite. If anyone wants to volunteer for guiding
me or becoming my mentor through the process, I'd really appreciate
that.

Thanks & Regards,
Kartik Somani

Re: Hello Ignite Community

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hello Kartik,

Welcome to the Ignite community!

Please subscribe to both dev and user lists:
https://ignite.apache.org/community/resources.html#mail-lists

Get familiar with Ignite development process described here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Development+Process

Instructions on how to contribute can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute

Project setup in Intellij IDEA:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Project+Setup

Once you got familiar and were able to run a few examples, you should pick
a Jira ticket you would like to start on. Send an email to the dev list sharing your JIRA id, so we can add you as a contributor in Jira.

These are the easy tickets to start with:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4549?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20labels%20in%20(newbie)%20and%20status%20%3D%20OPEN

While those are more advanced but appealing:
https://ignite.apache.org/community/contribute.html#pick-ticket

Looking forward to your contributions!

—
Denis