Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org> on 2017/03/02 03:42:56 UTC

[DISCUSS] Remove GUACAMOLE-189 (support for multiple guacd's) from scope of 0.9.12-incubating

Hello all,

In the interest of reducing testing surface and unblocking the release
process, and given that we're starting to see regressions related to the
other improvements related to the experimental X.Org driver development
[1], I'd like to remove the only other X.Org-related WIP change from the
scope of the in-progress release: GUACAMOLE-189 [2].

To recap: GUACAMOLE-189 adds support for multiple guacd instances, allowing
a single default instance to be overridden on a per-connection basis. It's
critical for the X.Org driver, as the X.Org driver is essentially its own
guacd, and a nice feature in general, but 0.9.12-incubating would not
suffer from its being moved to a later release (in my opinion).

For reference, a list of the issues within the release already can be found
here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+GUACAMOLE+AND+fixVersion+%3D+0.9.12-incubating+ORDER+BY+updated+DESC%2C+priority+DESC%2C+created+ASC&mode=hide

At the moment, GUACAMOLE-189 is the only remaining outstanding issue
(excluding the issue for simply bumping version numbers). I think the
upcoming release would benefit from additional testing, with attention
focused on fixes for any discovered release-related issues, rather than
what is essentially brand new dev.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

- Mike

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-168
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-189

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove GUACAMOLE-189 (support for multiple guacd's) from scope of 0.9.12-incubating

Posted by Frode Langelo <fr...@apache.org>.
+1

Frode

Posted by Nicholas Couchman <ni...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.