Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Robin Green <gr...@hotmail.com> on 2000/12/08 02:05:02 UTC

RE: classpath-attribute (was C2: install problem)

Shouldn't this be a list which you can add to, rather than a single
selectable thing? There's no need to force the user to configure that when
you could just read each property in turn.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
Robin Green wrote:

> Shouldn't this be a list which you can add to, rather than a single
> selectable thing? There's no need to force the user to configure that when
> you could just read each property in turn.

That list would get pretty daunting fairly quickly, and only serve to slow
down the init time of an already complex servlet.  In the long run, it is
better for someone to learn their servlet engine.  As a matter of course,
the install directions should always list the proper settings for this
init parameter.