Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Tiago Espinha <ti...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2010/08/21 08:39:06 UTC

GSoC 2010 - Wrap-up

Dear all,

Google Summer of Code comes once again to an end and I am lucky to have been
allowed to be a part of it again this year. This was once again a very pleasant
experience which is only possible due to our great community. I could've gone
for another project this time but I had a really great experience with this
community last year so it was only logical that I would return again to my "alma
mater" :-)

I would like to thank everyone who has directly or indirectly helped me through
my GSoC this year. A special thanks goes out to Kathey who agreed to mentor me
for the second time in a row. Kathey has unlimited amounts of patience and was
always there to help me whenever I was stuck or simply needed to brainstorm.

Thank you also for the vote of confidence in allowing me to become a committer.
I honestly don't know what the future holds for me in terms of job prospects but
I will do an effort to stick around Derby and contribute in any way I can.

For future students who are reading this, don't think twice about joining Derby.
It's a great community and you will for sure have great fun working here with
us!

Many Thanks,
Tiago

Re: GSoC 2010 - Wrap-up

Posted by Lily Wei <li...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Tiago:
    Derby is a great community because of you too. Congratulation about become a
committer.  Thanks great Derby people to make it happened. Thanks!

    You are totally right about Derby being a great community and great
technology. To who ever is readying this thread, don't think twice about join
Derby. How could you not?

Sincerely,
Lily