Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Rick Kellogg <rm...@earthlink.net> on 2003/07/04 21:09:12 UTC

Tomcat 5 Support

What is the official position on support for Tomcat 5.x?  Has anyone out
there done any testing with Tomcat 5 and Axis?  I thought the thing was
still in Alpha testing.  It seems Sun decided to include it in the Java
Web Services Developer Pack v1.2.  That seems a bit premature to me.

Should I place a message on the Wiki that Tomcat 5 is not supported at
this time?  Any thoughts/comments?

Rick

Re: Tomcat 5 Support

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Rick Kellogg wrote:

> What is the official position on support for Tomcat 5.x?  Has anyone out
> there done any testing with Tomcat 5 and Axis?  I thought the thing was
> still in Alpha testing.  It seems Sun decided to include it in the Java
> Web Services Developer Pack v1.2.  That seems a bit premature to me.

I dont go near the WSDP, it causes more grief. Team ant hates fielding
bugreps from their ant version (and the .bat file therein), no doubt
tomcat-dev have simiar issues

> Should I place a message on the Wiki that Tomcat 5 is not supported at
> this time?  Any thoughts/comments?

I dont know about 'supported' vs 'unsupported'. I dare say it probably
works, and since the amount of support anyone gets is based on community
  usage, it is no less supported than, say, jboss.

Maybe just an entry in the wiki on TC5 with 'who knows' will suffice

Re: Tomcat 5 Support

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Rick,

There is nothing in Axis' code to prevent it from being used with Tomcat 5.x. Having said
that...IMHO, if we find a problem in Tomcat 5, only then we should doc it.

-- dims

=====

http://search.yahoo.com