Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Lars Kühne <lk...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2008/01/11 21:47:59 UTC

[T5] Re: TAPESTRY-1628 - Build hangs on Ubuntu Linux / Dual core CPUs

On Jan 3, 2008 3:27 AM, Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1628
> Howard M. Lewis Ship closed TAPESTRY-1628.
>
>     Resolution: Cannot Reproduce
>       Assignee: Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Well, not that I tried very hard :-)
>
> [...] Most likely, it is Selenium that is causing you grief ...
> you have to get your X setup just right so that TestNG can launch Selenium.

Howard, what do you mean by "get your X setup just right"? Is there
anything special I need to do?

I just noticed that the build doesn't hang (but three tests fail, see
below [1]) when I launch the the selenium server in another terminal
window before I launch "mvn install" in tapestry-core. Is this normal?

I'm not familiar with Selenium and I was assuming that "mvn install"
was everything I need to do.

Thanks,
Lars

[1]
[ERROR] SerializationSupport Unexpected service proxy provider when
clearing the provider. This may indicate that you have multiple IoC
Registries.
[ERROR] SerializationSupport Unexpected service proxy provider when
clearing the provider. This may indicate that you have multiple IoC
Registries.
Tests run: 1064, Failures: 3, Errors: 0, Skipped: 70, Time elapsed:
40.731 sec <<< FAILURE!

Results :

Failed tests:
  setup(org.apache.tapestry.integration.IntegrationTests)
  cleanup(org.apache.tapestry.integration.IntegrationTests)
  cleanup(org.apache.tapestry.integration.RootPathRedirectTest)

Re: [T5] Re: TAPESTRY-1628 - Build hangs on Ubuntu Linux / Dual core CPUs

Posted by Yunhua Sang <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lars,

X means X Windows which is the GUI on Linux/Unix.

Check your server to see if it has "X Windows" or at least "X Windows
library" installed, Firefox needs X Windows to run.

Yunhua

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.
That might explain my dual-core MacOS X hang of some tests.  Hmmm.

Christian.

Posted by Lars Kühne <lk...@users.sourceforge.net>.
Hmmm... Now that I know what to google for: Their code already is
pretty smart about the location of firefox-bin, and they have special
code for Ubuntu and OSX:

http://svn.openqa.org/fisheye/browse/~raw,r=2073/selenium-rc/trunk/server-coreless/src/main/java/org/openqa/selenium/server/browserlaunchers/FirefoxChromeLauncher.java

Probably it's just a matter of waiting for the next release of
Selenium and the corresponding Maven plugin.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lars Kühne <lk...@users.sourceforge.net>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.