Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Bastiaan van Haastrecht <b....@gmail.com> on 2016/08/02 07:31:13 UTC

LDAP and MySQL do SSO to RDP

Hello all,

First I want to thank the Guacamole team for an exelent job. The whole
software is just amazing and works very well.

I do however am a little confused about the posibility of SSO to RDP.
According to JIRA there should be an form of SSO posible, as all related
have status DONE. https://glyptodon.org/jira/browse/GUAC-490

But I'm unable to find any info on how to configure this. I would like to
SSO the LDAP credentials to the RDP connections configured/accosiated in
MySQL.

Any guidance is very welcome.

Kind Regards,
Bastiaan

Re: LDAP and MySQL do SSO to RDP

Posted by Bastiaan van Haastrecht <b....@gmail.com>.
Thanks all for your replies, indeed these variables did the job. I can now
SSO with LDAP credentials to the RDP. Connection info stored in MySQL.

I have also send a second question regarding the MySQL/LDAP about
grouping/autoprovisioning. Hope someone has a solution for this or perhaps
it can become an feature request.

Thanks, regards,
Bastiaan

Posted by Peter Burdine <pb...@gmail.com>.
That is exactly correct.

Posted by Nick Couchman <ni...@seakr.com>.
Bastiaan,
I think all you have to do is, when creating the connection, use the following items for configuration:
Username: ${GUAC_USERNAME}
Password: ${GUAC_PASSWORD}

Then, assuming you've either configured the LDAP extension with Active Directory as your service, or your username and password in another LDAP directory or the database match your RDP credentials, it will pass through the Guacamole authentication information to the RDP session, which should result in the "SSO" configuration you're looking for.  I haven't tried it, yet - it's on my list of things to do.

-Nick

> On Aug 2, 2016, at 01:33, Bastiaan van Haastrecht <b....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
> First I want to thank the Guacamole team for an exelent job. The whole software is just amazing and works very well.
> I do however am a little confused about the posibility of SSO to RDP. According to JIRA there should be an form of SSO posible, as all related have status DONE. https://glyptodon.org/jira/browse/GUAC-490
> But I'm unable to find any info on how to configure this. I would like to SSO the LDAP credentials to the RDP connections configured/accosiated in MySQL.
> Any guidance is very welcome.
> Kind Regards,
> Bastiaan

==