Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/30 11:14:13 UTC

HBase support in SHDP Was: Hadoop with Spring / Guice

Hi, Costin:
I work on HBase.

I went over
http://static.springsource.org/spring-hadoop/docs/current/reference/hbase.htmlbut
didn't have time to download the source code.

Is there a typo: 'does more then easily'
Should 'then' be 'than' ?

For the following config:
<hdp:hbase-configuration stop-proxy="false" delete-connection="true" />

May I ask what would the proxies do without HBase connection ?

What HBase version does SHDP work with ? I assume it is 0.90.x
0.92 is coming out in January which has more features than 0.90.x

If there is anything desirable from HBase, please let us know.
We will try to accommodate your requests.

Cheers

Re: HBase support in SHDP Was: Hadoop with Spring / Guice

Posted by Costin Leau <co...@gmail.com>.
On 12/30/2011 12:43 PM, Ted Yu wrote:
> Costin:
> Please include user@hbase.apache.org <ma...@hbase.apache.org> in
> your reply.
> My discussion would mostly be HBase-related.

# included hbase though I'm not subscribed to that list so I don't think
my messages will go through.

> I guess you're dealing with HBase 0.90.4 where connection sharing
> provided by HBASE-3777 is absent.
> HBase 0.90.5, just released, contains HBASE-4508 which backports
> HBASE-3777 to 0.90 codebase.
>
> Please kindly indicate whether the presence of HBASE-4508 would simplify
> hbase-configuration bean config.
> If it doesn't, I wonder what proxies would be doing without HBase
> connection.

I need to spend a bit more time to go through the issues you mentioned
to understand them better however at first glance looks like a valuable
improvement.

As for the proxy flag, this translate to the stopProxy argument on
HConnectionManager.deleteConnection() [1]

[1] http://j.mp/twrsH8

Posted by Costin Leau <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Costin: