Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by qu...@metronet.com on 2001/01/29 22:09:53 UTC

XSP Question

I've just upgraded Tomcat to 3.2.1 and Cocoon to 1.8.1 and I'm having a
problem
that I'm interpreting as an XSP problem. Hopefully someone can steer me back
onto
the road... :^)

Install details:
Mandrake Linux 7 (Redhat with extensions)
Sun Java 1.3.0
Apache 1.3.14
Tomcat 3.2.1
Cocoon 1.8.1

The page: localhost/cocoon/samples/index.xml works as well as most of the
links from this page, but some that don't from this page are the "Dynamic
content Generation" section, the ones involving XSP, as well as the other
sample virtual URL: localhost/cocoon/Cocoon.xml. The first XSP example
localhost/cocoon/samples/xsp/page.xml?message=Hello%20World!
returns:

Error: 500

Location: /cocoon/samples/xsp/page.xml

Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cocoon/Frontend
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)

        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

localhost/cocoon/Cocoon.xml returns the same error with different location:

Error: 500

Location: /cocoon/Cocoon.xml

Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cocoon/Frontend
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)

        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

The other XSP samples all give the same error. I determined that
org/apache/cocoon/Frontend
is in the cocoon.jar file which is in my tomcat/lib, and if I start Tomcat
without Apache,
cocoon.jar show to be loaded in the CLASSPATH automatically along with the
other
JAR files in the tomcat/lib directory. As far as I can tell xerces.jar is the
first parser in
the CLASSPATH, and I don't understand why this class(es) aren't begin found.

Can anyone tell me what I missed in the 1.8.1 install doc or how I can
determine
why XSP is not working?

Thanks, BJ

Re: XSP Question

Posted by qu...@metronet.com.
quikdraw@metronet.com wrote:

> I've just upgraded Tomcat to 3.2.1 and Cocoon to 1.8.1 and I'm having a
> problem
> that I'm interpreting as an XSP problem. Hopefully someone can steer me back
> onto
> the road... :^)

I found the problem not 5 minutes after hitting the Send button on the original
Email. Sorry for bothering you guys. I now have Cocoon 1.8.1 working with
Tomcat standalone as well as Apache-->Tomcat.

I would like to know, has anyone has put together any other documentation or
tutorials on using Cocoon other than the included samples?

Thanks again, BJ