Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Yann <yl...@ims.ltd.uk> on 2000/06/16 15:51:26 UTC

Weird, weird problem

I patched my Cocoon web-app to 1.7.4 and set it up to work like on my
development machine. Everything is set up the same way. But one XSP document
can't be compiled properly for some reason. It appears that not all the
parameters to the XSPSQLLibrary.processQuery method are passed and therefore
a java.lang.NoSuchError error is thrown.

This is really bizarre since the XSP document has been copied from my dev
box to the production box and it works fine on the dev one. The dev box is
NT4 workstation while the prod one is NT4 server.

I can't see why Cocoon would not create the same Java source file for the
same XSP document.

????

I use Cocoon 1.7.4 + Tomcat3.1 + Sun JDK 1.3.

Yann.

P.S. Here is the thrown error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
 at
_D_._Program_Files._Apache_Group._jakarta_tomcat._webapps._ROOT._etape._mana
ge._doaddjob.populateDocument(_doaddjob.java:861)
 at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPPage.getDocument(XSPPage.java:96)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:456)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:305)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:390)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:523)
 at
onnectionHandler.java:146)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:334
)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Re: Weird, weird problem

Posted by Yann <yl...@ims.ltd.uk>.
> I can't see why Cocoon would not create the same Java source file for the
> same XSP document.

Aha!

Found it. I had to delete the _*.java files to clear the cache.

Yann.