Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by "ming.zym@gmail.com" <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/27 08:20:09 UTC

prefetch and the InkAPIHughes.h

as we know, we have some users need more control over the content and
would like to speed up whole process when TS going to origin servers, we
I exploring the prefetch codes, something really intersting comes up:

the prefetch is designed to parse the html pages and get all html
resources out then TS will preload all of them. when the user agent get
the html parsing(or even still downloading), TS will preload all the
resources to the cache, then you will get HIT from cache. that will
speed up all the later transfers.

in InkAPIHughes.h:
/*
  This file is created for Prefetch API and is used only by Hughes
*/
where Hughes may or may not be http://www.hughes.com, they provide
BroadbandSatelliteSystems. the API will extent the prefetch and my add
more function codes into the prefetch system.

I don't know what they have done in the past time, the API and prefetch
design may make sense when you guys need some more speed out or do some
filtering or transform before the user requesting.

thanks

--
zym, Zhao Yongming.
aka: yonghao @ taobao.com