Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Scott Swank <sc...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/30 00:13:54 UTC

Re: Google App Engine and Wicket

Here's a minor point that tripped me up.  I have my WicketFilter
mapped to a given path:

	<filter-mapping>
		<filter-name>WicketFilter</filter-name>
		<url-pattern>/evansforlv/*</url-pattern>
	</filter-mapping>

And then when I start up my local app and browse to

localhost:8080/evansforlv

I get redirected by Jetty to

localhost:8080/evansforlv/

with a trailing "/".  GAE is not so kind.  You must add the trailing
"/" to your url or you will simply get a blank page.  Since you are
never sent to the WicketFilter nothing is logged.  It's just a silent
failure.

Cheers,
Scott