Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com> on 2006/09/22 17:26:11 UTC

Re: Axis2 is ignoring my WSDL (from axis-user)

D.Kreft wrote:
> It seems *really* counter-intutive to have to supply a configuration
> setting to use a file that one intentionally puts in his .aar so that
> Axis can use it. It was my understanding after reading the
> documentation that a WSDL file in the META-INF directory was supposed
> to inhibit the dynamic generation of a WSDL. Would it not be more
> reasonable to use this as the default behavior and then provide an
> option to *ignore* the supplied WSDL for those special cases when one
> would want to do that?
This makes sense to me. Anyone have an argument for why a supplied WSDL
should be ignored by default?

 - Dennis

Re: Axis2 is ignoring my WSDL (from axis-user)

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 03:26 +1200, Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
>
>> D.Kreft wrote:
>>
>>> It seems *really* counter-intutive to have to supply a configuration
>>> setting to use a file that one intentionally puts in his .aar so that
>>> Axis can use it. It was my understanding after reading the
>>> documentation that a WSDL file in the META-INF directory was supposed
>>> to inhibit the dynamic generation of a WSDL. Would it not be more
>>> reasonable to use this as the default behavior and then provide an
>>> option to *ignore* the supplied WSDL for those special cases when one
>>> would want to do that?
>>>
>> This makes sense to me. Anyone have an argument for why a supplied WSDL
>> should be ignored by default?
>>

> Only problem is how to make policy etc. work with that .. also what
> about the binding? We always have to replace the binding; unless you
> want to assume the user put that info correctly too ..

I'd say that if the user supplies the WSDL we should serve it up
untouched. They can edit the binding information ahead of time to make
it correct.

  - Dennis

Re: Axis2 is ignoring my WSDL (from axis-user)

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 03:26 +1200, Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
> D.Kreft wrote:
> > It seems *really* counter-intutive to have to supply a configuration
> > setting to use a file that one intentionally puts in his .aar so that
> > Axis can use it. It was my understanding after reading the
> > documentation that a WSDL file in the META-INF directory was supposed
> > to inhibit the dynamic generation of a WSDL. Would it not be more
> > reasonable to use this as the default behavior and then provide an
> > option to *ignore* the supplied WSDL for those special cases when one
> > would want to do that?
> This makes sense to me. Anyone have an argument for why a supplied WSDL
> should be ignored by default?

Only problem is how to make policy etc. work with that .. also what
about the binding? We always have to replace the binding; unless you
want to assume the user put that info correctly too ..

Sanjiva.