Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2007/10/11 13:56:00 UTC

Re: [Proposal][Axiom] Add getSimpleTextContext method to OMElement interface

Hi David!

David Illsley wrote:
> In recent profiling of the Axis2 Addressing implementation, it has
> become clear that the OMElement.getText() method is slow for
> extracting values such as wsa:Action, wsa:MessageID and wsa:To because
> it parses the content of the OMText nodes and does namespace lookups
> based on what it believes are prefixes. This is unnecessary in this
> case.

Can you point me to where exactly in the code this is happening?  I just
walked through OMElementImpl and OMTextImpl and didn't see any namespace
lookups (or even colon searches) happening outside of getTextAsQName()....

Thanks,
--Glen

Re: [Proposal][Axiom] Add getSimpleTextContext method to OMElement interface

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
David Illsley wrote:
> d'oh. Looks like my axiom source checkout was from a branch. Looks
> like you fixed this up  a while back [1]. Thanks!

Cool, glad to have retroactively helped. :)

--G

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.