Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Paul, Subhro" <Su...@pseg.com> on 2015/02/12 13:09:25 UTC

Help required to calculate Apache Tomcat resource

Dear Team,

I am an application developer from TCS and working for PSEG (https://www.pseg.com<https://www.pseg.com/> ).

We are using Apache Tomcat6 as application server for the website. Two virtual servers are configured for this and each one of the servers had 2 CPUs and 4 GB RAM until 26 JAN 2015 when both Tomcat servers crashed. So we added some resources to the virtual servers (Now it is 8CPUs and 8GB RAM each box) and increased maxThread parameter of tomcat from default (which is 200) to 300 and restarted Tomcat servers. OS of the systems are Linux6.5 .

We need to know what the relationship between thread and memory is. If N numbers of requests coming to the server how many threads can process that and how much memory is required for that. Actually we are targeting to increase the maxThread count upto 500 but we need to calculate that, to process this much of threads what will be the best Hardware configuration?

Please let us know if any more information is required for the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Subhro Paul

The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachment(s), is intended solely for use by the named addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, or a person designated as responsible for delivering such messages to the intended recipient, you are not authorized to disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message, in whole or in part, without written authorization from PSEG.  This e-mail may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately. This notice is included in all e-mail messages leaving PSEG.  Thank you for your cooperation.