Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu> on 2012/10/24 14:19:34 UTC

RC2

I've uploaded another release candidate here:

  http://people.apache.org/~rhs/qpid-proton-0.1rc2/

The following fixes were made:

  1. the install step should now work without the documentation
  2. the README has a note about root privileges
  3. the tarball names/directory match
  4. added some missing type mappings to the python binding
  5. added the maven magic to update the pom version
  6. I believe rob fixed PROTON-85 for the java code

--Rafael

Re: RC2

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
Withdrawn, pilot-error.

-Ted

Re: RC2

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.

Re: RC2

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.
I believe I've fixed the detection of LIB_SUFFIX, we'll see in the next RC.

--Rafael

Re: RC2

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.
I'm a little stumped by this one. I'm thinking the compiler settings must
be quite different from how we normally build, but I'm not sure why.

--Rafael

Re: RC2

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.

Re: RC2

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.

Re: RC2

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, 2012-10-24 at 10:33 -0400, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 09:00:07AM -0400, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> > I'm hitting a very strange error while doing a koji build for i686. For
> > some reason the build environment is installing the file to /usr/lib64
> > rather than /usr/lib on 32-bit.
> >
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=4621731
>
> I can override this in the specfile with:
>
> cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr -DLIB_INSTALL_DIR=%{_libdir}

The %cmake macro already does this - you are using that macro right?

Andrew

Re: RC2

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.

Re: RC2

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.

Re: RC2

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Yep maven pom looks good this time.  Thanks!

--

**

*Hiram Chirino*

*Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.*

*hchirino@redhat.com <hc...@redhat.com> | fusesource.com | redhat.com*

*skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino<http://twitter.com/hiramchirino>
*

*blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo <http://hiramchirino.com/blog/>*

Re: RC2

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
As an aside, I have built successfully on Ubuntu 10.10 and 12.04.

-- Rob

Re: RC2

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
[rob@seelachs ~]$ cmake -version

Re: RC2

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, 2012-10-24 at 13:44 -0400, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>wrote:
> How do you force the doc build?

As below.

> I couldn't figure out how to add
> dependencies between built-in and custom targets.

There is no way to do this - it's a long standing feature request for
cmake.

> Is there any way to just
> force the doc build for old versions?

add ALL after the target name, viz:

add_custom_target (docs-c ALL ...

Andrew

Re: RC2

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.
On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-10-24 at 11:27 -0400, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> > According to the cmake docs for 2.6.x, the install (DIRECTORY ...)
> command
> > doesn't have the OPTIONAL argument. Any ideas on how to work around this?
> >

> Why not force the doc build? That's what I did with the qpid cmake build
> - it's really nasty because it builds unconditionally every time, but
> it'll always be there when you try to install. If you find a better
> approach let me know and I'll use it qpid too!
>
> Another possibility might be to make the doc build part of the install
> phase instead with something like:
>
> install (CODE "execute_process(COMMAND ${DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE}
> user.doxygen)")
>
> However then either you don't get "make docs" to work or you get it
> built twice if you do build the docs.

How do you force the doc build? I couldn't figure out how to add
dependencies between built-in and custom targets. Is there any way to just

Re: RC2

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Re: RC2

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.