Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Chinenova, Tatyana" <tc...@shsolutions.com> on 2007/04/07 01:53:23 UTC

Unable to find resource error after upgrade from S12 to S13

I got the following exception after upgrading the project from Struts
1.1 to 1.3:

VelocityViewServlet : Error processing a template for path
'/tile/common/shlogon.vm'
org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource '/tile/common/shlogon.vm' at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.loadResource(Re
sourceManagerImpl.java:458)

The exception happens when I try to go to the login page of the
application.

I followed the instructions on
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsUpgradeNotes12to13  I tried to find
any additional information of Tiles setup with 1.3, but didn't find
anything different from 1.1

I don't think I missed anything, and I have no idea why it cannot find
the file.  The upgrade document in wiki does not say anything about
TilesPlugin.  Do I need to use it, or is there another way of specifying
tile definitions?  I check the path in .war file and shlogon.vm file is
there.

I have the following in my config files:
web.xml:

<servlet>
	    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>

	    <init-param>
	      <param-name>config</param-name>

<param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-common.xml,/WEB-INF/struts-cam.xml</param-v
alue>
	    </init-param>
  	    <init-param>
	         <param-name>chainConfig</param-name>

<param-value>org/apache/struts/tiles/chain-config.xml</param-value>
	    </init-param>
struts-common.xml:

 <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin">
    <set-property property="definitions-config"
    	value="/WEB-INF/tiles-common.xml,
    			/WEB-INF/tiles-cam.xml" />
tiles-common.xml:

<definition name=".logon" extends=".common.Bundle"
path="/tile/common/shlogon.vm" >
     <put name="header" value="/tile/common/header.vm"/>
     <put name="tabsbar" value="/tile/common/tabsbar.vm"/>
     <put name="taboptions" value="/tile/common/toptions.vm"/>
  </definition>

Any help would be appreciated.

Tatyana Chinenova