Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Johan Granstrom <jo...@itec.se> on 2000/03/13 18:08:44 UTC

Tomcat and RMI.

Dear Tomcat developers,

I'm not sure whether this is the proper place for this kind of
questions/comments, if it isn't, please give me a hint.

___________

I have experienced the following feature/bug in Tomcat 3.0.

If I inside a servlet use

 java.rmi.registry.LocateRegisrty.createRegistry(1099); // Or any other port
for that matter

then I get a
  java.rmi.server.ExportException: internal error: ObjID already in use
exception.

Does this indicate that Tomcat already has a RMI registry running (?).
The problem does not appar under Apache/JServ1.1.

Is the expected behaviour? (bug or feature)

Any comments?

- Johan Georg Granström

Johan Georg Granström: <ma...@itec.se>
ITEC Open Business Integrator AB. Stockholm, Sweden.
Mob: <+46 (0)709 30 61 21>
PGP key lookup:
<http://certserver.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xBD66A79D>