Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu> on 2011/03/22 11:37:58 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1083903 - in /maven/plugins/trunk/maven-gpg-plugin: ./ src/main/resources/ src/main/resources/org/ src/main/resources/org/apache/ src/main/resources/org/apache/maven/ src/main/resources/org/apache/maven/plugins/

Hi Dennis,

> Author: dennisl
> Date: Mon Mar 21 19:08:08 2011
> New Revision: 1083903

> Log:
> o Add an experimental way of sending the release announcement, so that I can
> test it on a real release. If all goes well I will move this into
> maven-plugins-parent and add the relevant documentation to our release
> documents.
>
> Added:
>     maven/plugins/trunk/maven-gpg-plugin/src/main/resources/
>     maven/plugins/trunk/maven-gpg-plugin/src/main/resources/org/
>     maven/plugins/trunk/maven-gpg-plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/
>     maven/plugins/trunk/maven-gpg-plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/maven/
>     maven/plugins/trunk/maven-gpg-plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/maven/plugins/
>     maven/plugins/trunk/maven-gpg-plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/maven/plugins/announcement.vm

Wouldn't something like "src/release/announcement.vm" be a more
appropriate place for this file? It looks odd to place build-time config
files into the directory that is meant to host runtime-time classpath
resources.

Benjamin

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2011-03-22 11:37, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
> Hi Dennis,
>
>> Author: dennisl
>> Date: Mon Mar 21 19:08:08 2011
>> New Revision: 1083903

>> Log:
>> o Add an experimental way of sending the release announcement, so that
>> I can
>> test it on a real release. If all goes well I will move this into
>> maven-plugins-parent and add the relevant documentation to our release
>> documents.
>>
>> Added:
>>     maven/plugins/trunk/maven-gpg-plugin/src/main/resources/
>>     maven/plugins/trunk/maven-gpg-plugin/src/main/resources/org/
>>     maven/plugins/trunk/maven-gpg-plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/
>>
>> maven/plugins/trunk/maven-gpg-plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/maven/
>>
>> maven/plugins/trunk/maven-gpg-plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/maven/plugins/
>>

>> maven/plugins/trunk/maven-gpg-plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/maven/plugins/announcement.vm
>>

> Wouldn't something like "src/release/announcement.vm" be a more
> appropriate place for this file? It looks odd to place build-time config
> files into the directory that is meant to host runtime-time classpath
> resources.

Yes, you are right. I didn't read the plugin docs thoroughly enough and
thought that was the only place one could put them. If the experiment
goes well I'll make sure to move them to a non classpath location.

> Benjamin

Dennis Lundberg